Having sold more than 150 million records, Billy Joel ranks as one of the most popular recording artists and respected entertainers in the world. Winner of 6 Grammy Awards – including the ?Grammy Legend Award“ – and Rock′n′Roll Hall of fame inductee, Joel set a record with his still ongoing Madison Square Garden residency, playing the legendary venue once a month for over 60 times. To commemorate Billy Joel′s career, HOHNER created the Billy Joel Signature Harp and is giving away one of them, hand signed by the legendary songwriter himself:
- Take a selfie with your favorite harmonica and/or Billy Joel album
- Tag @HOHNERMusic in the picture as well as two fo your friends
- Use the hashtags #playtheoriginal and #BillyJoelHarp.
- Post it on Instagram
- Take a selfie at the HOHNER booth at Winter NAMM 2019
- Tag @HOHNERMusic in the picture as well as two of your friends
- Use the hashtags #playtheoriginal and #BillyJoelHarp.
- Post it on Instagram!
Timespan: The competition will run from January 24(1AM CET) to January 28 (11PM, CET), 2019
A purchase is not necessary to participate or win.
Billy Joel Contest!
Participation in the contest
This is how you can participate: Upload a selfie-photo of you to Instagram, in which you also display either your favorite harmoncia and/or Billy Joel album, tag @hohnermusic and two of your friends in the photo and use the hashtags #playtheoriginal and #BillyJoelHarp.
Upload a selfie-photo of you to Instagram, in which you can be seen at the HOHNER booth at the 2019 Winter NAMM, tag @hohnermusic and two of your friends in the photo and use the hashtags #playtheoriginal and #BillyJoelHarp
Competition period: 24. -28.01.2019 (Start 1am CET: End 11pm CET)
One winner will be chosen randomly.
The winner will receive one (1) HOHNER Billy Joel Siganture Harp C, hand signed by Billy Joel.
Terms and Conditions for ?Billy Joel Contest“
Participation in the ?Billy Joel Contest“ contest (hereinafter collectively: Contest) and its implementation are subject to the following provisions. Participation exclusively takes place online.
§ 1 Contest
No product purchase is necessary for participation.
(1) The Contest is carried out by HOHNER Musikinstrumente GmbH (hereinafter: HOHNER).
(2) A participant takes part in the photo competition by uploading a selfie-photo under the hashtags #playtheOriginal and #BillyJoelHarp to his private Instagram account and tagging it with the HOHNER account hohnermusic as well as two fo his friends. Participation must take place within the time limit stated in the Contest.
(3) This promotion is not affiliated with Instagram and is not sponsored, supported or organized by Instagram
§ 2 Participants
(1) Participation is open to all persons over 18 years of age. However, there is no right to participate.
(2) Excluded from participation are employees of HOHNER, as well as all other persons involved in the conception and implementation. Also excluded are their respective first and second degree relatives and persons living with them in marriage-like or domestic community.
(3) Only public profiles can participate in the Contest.
§ 3 Exclusion from the Contest.
HOHNER neither checks the published photos nor do we assume liability for them. We reserve the right to delete the pictures concerned and to exclude the user from any further use of the website if we become aware of a violation of the law resulting from the photos in particular in the event of a violation of § 8 of these terms and conditions or in the event of a reasonably suspected violation of the law.
§ 4 Implementation and processing
(1) Each participant can upload several photos. By participating, participants acknowledge the validity of these terms and conditions.
(2) Participation is only possible via the INSTAGRAM platform. Any other submissions are not permitted and will not be evaluated by us.
(3) The pictures are stored in a special database of HOHNER.
(4) The winners will be notified by HOHNER in writing by post and/or by e-mail.
§ 5 Rights of third parties to the transmitted photos
The participant assures that he or she has all rights to the submitted photo, has the unrestricted exploitation rights of all image parts, that the image is free of third-party rights and that no personal rights are violated in the representation of persons. If one or more persons are recognizably depicted on the photo, the persons concerned must agree to the photo being published. Upon request, the participant will insure the above in writing. Should third parties nevertheless assert claims for infringement of their rights, the participant releases the organizers from all claims. Photos edited on the computer must not contain copyrighted material.
§ 6 Granting of rights of use
(1) The participant grants HOHNER the free, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, sub-licensable right to use, reproduce and distribute the submitted photos and videos in any known manner, in particular to publish them.
In particular, he grants HOHNER the right to use, reproduce and distribute the photos on portals and websites of HOHNER, in particular on own profile pages/channels of HOHNER, in social networks such as Instagram, Facebook or YouTube in connection with the advertising and implementation of the Contest and the reporting on the Contest, in particular to publish them.
(2) The participant agrees that the photo may be combined with other works as well as modified or edited by HOHNER for all aforementioned purposes while respecting the personal rights of the participants. Also appropriately edited versions, especially excerpts of the photo, can be used as described.
§ 7 Premature termination of the Contest
HOHNER reserves the right to cancel or end the Contest at any time without prior notice and without giving reasons. HOHNER makes use of this possibility in particular if for technical reasons (e.g. viruses in the computer system, manipulation or errors in the hardware and/or software) or for legal reasons a proper execution of the Contest cannot be guaranteed.
§ 8 Contents
The photos submitted for the Contest must not be considered obscene, offensive, defamatory, ethically offensive, glorifying violence, pornographic, harassing, unsuitable for minors, racist, inciting the people, xenophobic, radical right-wing and/or otherwise reprehensible. The upload of corresponding photos may result in exclusion from the Contest in accordance with § 3 of these conditions of participation.
§ 9 Notification of the winners
Winners will be contacted exclusively via Instagram. The comments under the winning photo (sender is the hohnermusic Instagram profile) invite the winners to send an e-mail to [email protected] within 4 weeks. If a winner does not respond within this period, any claim to a prize will be forfeited.
§ 10 Data protection
The personal data submitted by the entrants will be stored and used exclusively for the purpose of the Contest and the name of the winner including the place of residence (without postcode and address) will also be published if the pictures are published in the context of the Contest (media coverage, award ceremony, etc.). The participant expressly agrees to this. The participant is free at any time to revoke the consent with effect for the future by revocation to Hohner Musikinstrumente GmbH, Andreas-Koch-Stra?e 9, 78647 Trossingen, Germany or at marketing(at)hohner.de.
§ 11 Exclusion of legal recourse, applicability of German law
Legal recourse is excluded. The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply